Nutribrands manufactures Nucleo
Nucleo® is unique in that no other shake or porridge in South Africa:
- Combines 43 nutritional ingredients which includes all the necessary vitamins, minerals, amino acids, omega oils, anti-oxidants, protein and carbohydrates the body needs to ensure sustained energy release, improved concentration and reduced fatigue and illness, while gradually fortifying the immune system.
- Applies specific natural, nutritional techniques to nurture, recover and heal the intestine and therefore ensuring optimal absorption of all the ingredients into the bloodstream,
- Contains three of the most powerful natural anti-oxidants known to man; Spirulina, Colostrum and Omega 3 which together suppress viruses, kill bad bacteria and stop diarrhoea. Each of these ingredients has a tremendous international scientific track record in their own capacity.
- Makes Rolls Royce nutrition so accessible and affordable to those who really need it. We achieved an 80% costs saving by combining these ingredients together compared to having to purchase these ingredients separately from a pharmacy or health shop.
Nutribrands manufactures and distributes well-researched, scientifically proven, nutritional solutions to address the pandemic of malnutrition and malabsorption.
To make the best of the best in nutrition affordable to those who really need it with sustainable and tangible results.
- Fostering quality of life
- Promoting healthy lifestyle
- Disciplined scientific approach
- High ethics and integrity
- Service with excellence
For the last seven years Nutribrands has been manufacturing and distributing Nucleo® to more than 40,000 people from all walks of life including many suffering from malnutrition (due to the lack of available nutrition or diversity in nutrition) and malabsorption (the inability to properly digest food and nutrients). The results have been exceptional as seen in the testimonials.
WHY IS NUCLEO NECESSARY?
Considering that the intestine is responsible for producing 80% of the immune system’s antibodies and that it forms the primary barrier between the blood stream and the outside world, it is safe to assume that immune deficiency due to malnutrition, malabsorption and intestinal insufficiency plays a significant role in the global increase of chronic illnesses like heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, allergies, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS. Therefore Nucleo®’s focus to nurture and restore the intestine, ensuring optimal absorption of all its ingredients.
INTENSIVE SCIENTIFIC APPROACH:
Nucleo®, is the result of five years of research and laboratory testing by medical doctor and nutritionist Dr Anton Janse van Rensburg between 2002 and 2007. It was registered with the Medical Control Council of SA as a nutritional supplement under the Complimentary medicine act in 2007.
Since 2007 Dr Anton Janse van Rensburg and Jacques de Bruin have been constantly improving on various ingredients in Nucleo® and the development is still ongoing. The most recent SABS testing of Nucleo® has been done in 2014.
Dr van Rensburg has furthermore prepared a list of scientific references that relate to individual ingredients in Nucleo® (Available on request).
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PERFORMED USING NUCLEO®:
A) Wellness programme
An earlier version of Nucleo® was used as part of an HIV/AIDS workplace wellness programme in a large multinational company. A small pilot research study was performed in 2005 to assess the impact of this programme as a whole on HIV positive employees. The study also considered the effect of nutritional supplements on the employees. Occupational health nursing practitioners who used Nucleo® reported that some of their patients did pick up weight and that these employees reported subjective feelings of increased well-being and expressed disappointment when the product was no longer available due to employer budget constraints.(Janse van Rensburg MNS. The impact of an HIV/AIDS workplace wellness programme in a large packaging factory. [Dissertation]. Johannesburg: University of the Witwatersrand; 2007.)
The Glycemic Index Foundation of South Africa (GIFSA) tested the Glycemic Index (GI) of Nucleo® according to internationally accepted protocols for the determination of the GI level of a food. Blood glucose testing was performed on a group of volunteers after they ingested Nucleo®. The average GI of Nucleo® was determined to be 36, which qualifies this food product to receive a ‘Low GI’ classification and this can be exhibited on the product label. The other legal health claim that can be made due to this result is: ‘Low GI (<55) - Provides sustained energy especially for people who need support with blood glucose control’
WHO WE SERVE:
- NGO’s, development agencies, refugee support groups involved in feeding schemes serving the elderly, pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, orphans and vulnerable children,
- Mining, manufacturing, transport and construction industries looking to increase productivity and decrease absenteeism of their workers by fortifying their immune systems,
- Clinics, hospitals, doctors, dieticians, pharmacies serving people suffering from chronic disease.
ANECDOTAL TRACK RECORD OF NUCLEO®:
Since 2007 Nucleo® has been distributed in factories, orphanages, health shops, through dieticians and distributors all of whom have a personal testimony of Nucleo®’s impact in their lives. We have received positive feedback from a wide spectrum of people all over South Africa as well as from the UK, Germany, Holland, Switzerland and Canada with the following outcomes being reported:
- better blood glucose control for diabetics,
- reported reduction in the severity of chemotherapy side effects in cancer clients,
- reported improvement in children suffering from leaky gut syndrome and allergies,
- reduction in symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (spastic colon),
- reported reduction in severity and duration of acute infectious diseases,
- general improvement in chronically ill and elderly people,
- reduced fatigue and nausea reported by pregnant women,
- favourable feedback from breastfeeding women,
- increased energy and concentration levels in factory workers,
- significant self reported improvement in general condition in individuals suffering from HIV/AIDS,
- increased energy and quick recovery reported by endurance athletes such as mountain bikers, ‘Comrades Marathon’ runners, and ‘Ironman’ athletes.
CASE STUDY ON FACTORY WORKERS:
In 2012 Aranda Textiles piloted Nucleo® with 25g to each of their 400 factory workers during the last 10 work days of June, July and August. They reported reduced absenteeism, increased energy and concentration and increased productivity during the winter months compared to the previous months. They have been providing Nucleo® to their workers ever since for the last 4 years.
NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT FOR HIV AFFECTED ORPHANS:
Since 2008 Nutribrands solicited individual sponsors to provide Nucleo® to HIV affected orphans with various organisations. Currently Nutribrands is supplying Nucleo® to OM AIDS Hope orphans in Mamelodi with wonderful results for example the story of Rose as told here.
Nucleo® products can be mixed and packaged in a standard food grade factory. However it is mixed and packaged in a pharmaceutical grade facility that has registration with the South African Medicine Control Council.
THE NUTRIBRANDS TEAM:
DR ANTON JANSE VAN RENSBURG (Research and Development)
Dr Anton Janse van Rensburg is a practising medical doctor from Pretoria. He is trained in the field of metal toxicology and has a master’s degree in Applied Human Nutrition.
He currently fulfils the role of Chief Medical Officer for the Executive Wellbeing Company which specialises in the health of company leadership. They have centres in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town. Dr Anton is furthermore the South African programme director for the Robertson Wellness brain chemistry optimisation programme. In 2009 he co-authored the book ‘Diamonds in the Dust – crafting your future landscape’. His contribution to this publication deals with the use of nutritional & supplemental approaches in the treatment of mood disorders. In 2006 he also published an eBook entitled ‘The Health Mentoring Programme’ which enjoys an international readership.
Dr Anton is very involved in the wellness programmes of numerous South African companies like Sasol, Transnet, Vodacom, The Public Protector, Nedbank, Total and Pick & Pay.
A particular passion of Dr van Rensburg is the formulation of specialised immune stimulant supplements for people living with chronic diseases like HIV/AIDS, cancer and auto-immune diseases. He has also developed several other nutritional supplements including a range of sport supplements for the South African market. It is from this passion that the flagship product ‘Nucleo®’ saw the light in 2007.
Advisory capacity to the South African Government
Dr van Rensburg has served on advisory committees to the South African Directorate Food Control regarding nutrition and HIV/AIDS. Recently he was part of a panel of experts who addressed South African food industry representatives on the use of tropical oils as a replacement for Trans-fatty acids. A noteworthy contribution was the work he did with the Assistant Director of South African Directorate Food Control in the preparation of comments on the Health Claims Guideline document to the International Codex Alimentarius Committee for Food Labelling.
JACQUES DE BRUIN (MANAGING DIRECTOR)
Jacques de Bruin was born in Pretoria, matriculated at Grey College in Bloemfontein and completed a Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering at the University of Stellenbosch in 1993.
He pursued his passion for empowerment of the less fortunate by working for a relief and development agency from 1993 to 2003. He served as international project manager with MV Doulos (ship) in West Africa, India, Middle East, Romania and Mozambique and then in South Africa on various projects in South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Sudan from 1996 to 2003. These projects included medical, nutritional and educational support. Jacques focused on leadership and management training of local project leaders from 2000 to 2003.
In 2005 he ventured out in pursuing his other passion, wildlife and conservation in Africa, when becoming the sales executive of the Limpopo-Lipadi group in Botswana. He is still actively involved in the promotion of a wildlife conservation project for endangered species.
In 2006 he partnered with Dr Anton to promote wellness concepts to the general public, an element of which was an online health mentoring programme. Sharing Dr Anton’s vision in the battle against malnutrition in Africa and personally experiencing the impact of Nucleo® he got involved as an entrepreneur to build a business around the manufacturing and distribution of Nucleo®. In 2007 he registered Specialised Nutritional Brands (Pty) Ltd as a vehicle to formulate, manufacture and distribute nutritional solutions such as Nucleo® in Southern Africa and beyond.